Simple comfort food at its finest. If you have a few hours to spend then you must try this recipe. The braised beef just shreds apart like butter! The little addition of Sacha Inchi powder adds that extra depth of flavor.
Total Recipe Time
- 2lbs Grass Fed Beef Chuck
- 12-15 Baby Potatoes (peeled)
- 4 Large Carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 6 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 6 Sprigs of Thyme (pickled)
- 2 Cups Red Wine
- 6 Cups Organic Beef Broth
- 1 Cup Button Mushrooms (halved)
- 2 Cups Baby Onions (peeled)
- 2 Tbsp MRM Sacha Inchi Powder
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- Salt & pepper to season
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare ingredients as instructed.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on high heat, add a splash of light olive oil and brown the beef on all sides.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to a dutch oven or a pot with oven compatible lid.
- Return pan to the stove and de glaze with red wine, reduce volume by half. Add to the dutch oven. Add broth, thyme, potatoes & carrots, cover with lid and transfer to the oven, braise for 2 hours.
- When 2 hours have passed, heat a large pan on high heat, add mushrooms and baby onions, cook for 2 minutes. Add butter, flour and Sacha Inchi, cook for 1 minute.
- Add to the dutch oven and return to the oven to braise for a 1 hour. Remove, and serve warm!