A quick and easy Mexican inspired breakfast in under 20 minutes! If you enjoy spicy food then this recipe will have you salsa dancing. These are a great option to make for the family or simply as a grab n’ go snack for the week. A great way to sneak in some superfoods to a delicious meal!
Total Recipe Time
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, reserve 1/2 for tortillas
- 5-6 flour tortillas
- 2 tsp MRM Turmeric Superfood Powder
- 1 avocado, mashed w/ juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and add a little olive oil. Once hot, add onion and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes, now add tomato and jalapeno. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add beaten eggs, mix all contents and cook for 2 minutes. Lower the heat and add cheese, turmeric powder, cumin, and chipotle powder. Mix well then add pinch of salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Begin making your flautas. Add a sprinkle of cheese to each tortilla, 1 big scoop of egg mixture, and a little cilantro. Roll them tightly and set to the side. Continue this until all tortillas are filled.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat with a little olive oil. Once hot, add flautas to the pan and cook for a minute on each side or until golden brown. Top with guacamole, hot sauce, and enjoy!