Turmeric Butternut Squash Soup
This creamy, vegan friendly, fall soup just might become a staple in your fall soup rotation. It's bursting with flavor, superfoods, and of course our favorite fall vegetable: butternut squash.
We took our classic butternut squash soup recipe and put a superfood spin on it with our Turmeric Cauliflower Soup mix. While this soup mix tastes great on its own, it's also an easy soup addition if you're looking to add some spice! Psst. the mix is on sale as we speak!
- 1 butternut squash (~3lbs), chopped into cubes
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 scoops MRM Nutrition Turmeric Cauliflower Soup mix
- 3.5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- cilantro (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Roast butternut squash and carrots for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, peel skin off butternut squash.
- In a large pot, sauté onions in olive oil over medium heat until translucent. Add garlic, soup mix, and roasted vegetables and stir for 3-5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for another 30 minutes.
- Turn heat off and stir in coconut milk.
- Using an immersion blender or a high speed blender (in batches) blend soup until smooth.
- Serve and top with cilantro and sunflower seeds (optional).