Roasting a whole chicken can be daunting- so we made it easy with this superfood crockpot chicken recipe! While it takes six hours in the crockpot, your actual prep time is only 10 minutes. Easy, convenient, healthy, and delicious- this superfood crockpot chicken is everything you’ll need to keep you and your family happy and full this fall!
Total Recipe Time
- 1 Whole Medium Sized Organic Free Range Chicken, rubbed with sea salt, pepper, and paprika
- 1/2 Cup Green Lentils, soaked in cold water
- 1 Yellow Onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 Large Carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Quart Organic Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbsp MRM Organic Sacha Inchi Superfood Powder
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme, chopped
- Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Heat a large saute pan with a splash of olive oil and brown the whole chicken on all sides.
- Remove from the pan.
- Place the onions, carrots, garlic, sacha inchi, seared chicken, chopped thyme, bay leaves, and chicken broth into a crockpot.
- Cook for 6 hours total.
- After 5 hours of cooking, add the soaked lentils to the crockpot.
- Season the broth as desired and finish with chopped parsley, serves up to 4 people. Enjoy!