A childhood favorite, the classic PB and J! It’s one of the most iconic sandwiches here in America. Many of us grew up eating these because they were simple and delicious. We wanted to kick it up a notch and put a healthy twist on it. We added Sacha Inchi powder to the peanut butter and made a homemade jam that is refined sugar free!
Total Recipe Time
- 2 slices of thick cut wholegrain bread
- ¼ cup organic peanut butter (or homemade)
- 1 tbsp MRM Sacha Inchi superfood powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp organic honey
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (soaked in 2 tbsp of water for 10 minutes)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- To make chia jam heat a small pan to a medium heat and melt the honey. Add raspberries and gently cook for 2-3 minutes. Add soaked chia seeds and bring to the boil. Simmer for 2 minutes then remove from the heat, transfer to the fridge to cool & thicken.
- Mix Sacha Inchi with the peanut butter and add cinnamon.
- Spread fillings on bread and being assembling the sandwich.
Heat a cast iron skillet (or regular pan) to a high heat with the coconut oil and brown the sandwich for 1 minute on each side. Enjoy!