Need something warm, quick, and delicious? This butternut squash soup can be whipped up in no time! The addition of sacha inchi pairs great with the squash and adds a smooth nutty flavor. Grab a bowl of soup and your favorite movie. It’s time to curl up and relax!
Total Recipe Time
- 1/2 Large White Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Leek (roughly chopped)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Celery Stick (sliced)
- 1 Medium sized Butternut Squash (peeled and cubed)
- 1 Tbsp MRM Sacha Inchi powder
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 Quart Vegetable Bouillon (plus extra to adjust consistency)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Wash vegetables thoroughly and prepare ingredients as instructed.
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees, grease an oven tray with a splash of olive oil and roast the butternut squash for 15-18 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- In the meantime, heat a medium sized pot on medium heat with a splash of olive oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, leek and celery to the pot and gently fry until translucent – do not let them turn brown – in the olive oil for about 3-4 minutes
- Add the ginger and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Remove squash from the oven and add to the pot.
- Reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook for another 10 minutes, add sacha inchi powder and give a stir before blending.
- Blend in small batches to avoid burning yourself, add salt and pepper for taste if needed, adjust consistency with a splash more bouillon. Enjoy!