Sacha Inchi & Ginger Butternut Squash Soup
Need something warm, quick, and delicious? This butternut squash soup can be whipped up in no time! The addition of sacha inchi pairs great with the squash and adds a smooth nutty flavor. Grab a bowl of soup and your favorite movie. It’s time to curl up and relax!
Total Recipe Time
- 1/2 Large White Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Leek (roughly chopped)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Celery Stick (sliced)
- 1 Medium sized Butternut Squash (peeled and cubed)
- 1 Tbsp MRM Sacha Inchi powder
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 Quart Vegetable Bouillon (plus extra to adjust consistency)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Wash vegetables thoroughly and prepare ingredients as instructed.
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees, grease an oven tray with a splash of olive oil and roast the butternut squash for 15-18 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- In the meantime, heat a medium sized pot on medium heat with a splash of olive oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, leek and celery to the pot and gently fry until translucent – do not let them turn brown – in the olive oil for about 3-4 minutes
- Add the ginger and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Remove squash from the oven and add to the pot.
- Reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook for another 10 minutes, add sacha inchi powder and give a stir before blending.
- Blend in small batches to avoid burning yourself, add salt and pepper for taste if needed, adjust consistency with a splash more bouillon. Enjoy!