This pistachio and mushroom nut roast with red beet cranberry sauce is the perfect dish to share with loved ones this fall. With everyone gathered around a table, you can be sure this roast will have everyone smiling and rubbing their bellies between bites and conversation.
Total Recipe Time
NUT ROAST INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 Cup Risotto Rice
- 2 1/2 Cups Vegetable Broth, hot
- 1 Small Glass of White Wine
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 White Onion, finely diced
- 2 Celery Sticks
- 2 Cups Mixed Wild Mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 1 Red Chili, de-seeded and chopped
- Zest from 1 Lemon
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme, picked and chopped
- 8 Sage Leaves, chopped
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup Pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Almonds, roughly chopped
- Pinch of Sea Salt
RED BEET CRANBERRY SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 1 Cup Fresh Cranberries
- 1 Orange, zest and juice
- 1 Tbsp Soft Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp MRM Red Beet Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare all ingredients as instructed before you begin as this will be more time efficient.
- Make the risotto base first by heating a medium sized pot on medium heat with a splash of olive oil. Gently cook the celery, onion, and garlic down for 3-4 minutes, being careful not to brown.
- Add risotto rice and stir for 30 seconds. Add the white wine and cook until the wine has been fully absorbed. Add the vegetable broth one ladle at a time and gently braise until the liquid has all but absorbed, leaving the rice slightly al dente. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Heat a saute pan on high heat with a splash of light olive oil. Saute the mushrooms until golden, then remove from the heat to cool.
- When both have cooled, combine the risotto mix with the cooked mushrooms. Add in the chopped nuts, lemon zest, eggs, chilli, breadcrumbs and chopped herbs. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Set aside
- For the cranberry sauce, add all ingredients to a small pot and gently cook on low-medium heat for 8-10minutes. Remove to cool slightly.
- Line a baking loaf pan with parchment paper and spread the cranberry sauce evenly on the bottom of the pan- it should be about ½ inch thick. Top and fill the rest of the loaf pan woth the nut roast mix. Cover with tin foil and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for another 12-15minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow cooling for 10 minutes when done baking. Gently turn the pan upside down to remove the loaf with the parchment paper attached. Now, its ready to be sliced!
- Serve with all the thanksgiving sides and enjoy!