Pistachio and Mushroom Nut Roast with Red Beet Cranberry
This pistachio and mushroom nut roast with red beet cranberry sauce is the perfect dish to share with loved ones this fall. With everyone gathered around a table, you can be sure this roast will have everyone smiling and rubbing their bellies between bites and conversation.
Total Recipe Time
NUT ROAST INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 Cup Risotto Rice
- 2 1/2 Cups Vegetable Broth, hot
- 1 Small Glass of White Wine
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 White Onion, finely diced
- 2 Celery Sticks
- 2 Cups Mixed Wild Mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 1 Red Chili, de-seeded and chopped
- Zest from 1 Lemon
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme, picked and chopped
- 8 Sage Leaves, chopped
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup Pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Almonds, roughly chopped
- Pinch of Sea Salt
RED BEET CRANBERRY SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 1 Cup Fresh Cranberries
- 1 Orange, zest and juice
- 1 Tbsp Soft Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp MRM Red Beet Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare all ingredients as instructed before you begin as this will be more time efficient.
- Make the risotto base first by heating a medium sized pot on medium heat with a splash of olive oil. Gently cook the celery, onion, and garlic down for 3-4 minutes, being careful not to brown.
- Add risotto rice and stir for 30 seconds. Add the white wine and cook until the wine has been fully absorbed. Add the vegetable broth one ladle at a time and gently braise until the liquid has all but absorbed, leaving the rice slightly al dente. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Heat a saute pan on high heat with a splash of light olive oil. Saute the mushrooms until golden, then remove from the heat to cool.
- When both have cooled, combine the risotto mix with the cooked mushrooms. Add in the chopped nuts, lemon zest, eggs, chilli, breadcrumbs and chopped herbs. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Set aside
- For the cranberry sauce, add all ingredients to a small pot and gently cook on low-medium heat for 8-10minutes. Remove to cool slightly.
- Line a baking loaf pan with parchment paper and spread the cranberry sauce evenly on the bottom of the pan- it should be about ½ inch thick. Top and fill the rest of the loaf pan woth the nut roast mix. Cover with tin foil and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for another 12-15minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow cooling for 10 minutes when done baking. Gently turn the pan upside down to remove the loaf with the parchment paper attached. Now, its ready to be sliced!
- Serve with all the thanksgiving sides and enjoy!