Mint Cacao & Date Bites Recipe
One of the best parts about hiking is finding a peaceful spot to stop and have a snack
These energy boosting Cacao balls are everything you need on your next hike!
MINT CACAO & DATE BITES RECIPE:
– 1Lb Medjool dates (pitted)
– 1Tsp peppermint extract
– 3 Tbsp or MRM Organic Cacao powder
– ½C Almonds
– 2 Tbsp of chia seeds (Soaked in 2 Tbsp of cold water for 5 minutes)
– 3 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1. Heat a non stick frying pan to a medium heat and gently dry roast the almonds for 4-5 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
2. In a food processor, pulse blend the almonds until broken up, but not powdered. Add all remaining ingredients and blend together until combined.
3. Adjust texture if required with a splash of water or coconut oil then roll into small bite sized balls.
4. Place on a tray and cool in the fridge for 30 minutes. Enjoy.
*Tip – If you have time, make a chocolate ganache and coat the bites before allowing to cool.