Green Banana Bread
Green banana bread- no, not like Dr. Suess’ Green Eggs & Ham! This banana bread uses green banana flour (which is naturally gluten-free, vegan, and high in gut-healthy fiber) rather than regular baking flour. The added fiber makes this loaf filling and slower-digesting, meaning your blood sugar won’t skyrocket and you’ll feel satisfied and fuller longer… the perfect combo so a sweet treat!
Total Recipe Time
- 3 Medium Ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp Avocado Oil, or preferred substitute
- 1/2 Cup Packed Organic Brown Sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp Organic Maple Syrup (Not maple flavored syrup, you want the real stuff!)
- 3 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 1/4 Cup MRM Green Banana Powder
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Beat together the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, almond milk, mashed bananas and maple syrup in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Add all remaining dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together just until the batter is uniform.
- Pour the batter into your lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the loaf feels firm and is crackly, golden brown on top.
- Let the loaf cool completely before taking out of the tray and cutting. It will be too tender to hold its form while still warm from the oven. We know… the waiting is the worst part!
- Once completely cooled, slice and serve with butter and honey, or as is, and enjoy!