Swap out your sweet potato casserole for this fluffy turmeric sweet potato mash! The perfect addition for your Thanksgiving meal.
Fluffy Turmeric Sweet Potato Mash
- 3 Medium or 2 Large Sweet Potatoes (peeled and chopped evenly)
- 2 tbsp MRM Organic Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika Powder
- 1½ cup Low Fat Milk (or preferred milk of choice)
- ¼ cup Pressed Avocado Oil Spread (or butter)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Cook sweet potatoes in a pot of boiling salted water for 12-15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife. Strain and allow to steam for a few minutes.
In a separate small pot, warm the milk and add turmeric, garlic powder and paprika.
Return the cooked sweet potatoes back to the pot they were boiled in and mash with a masher.
Add the warm milk mixture, pressed oil, sprinkle of salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed. Enjoy!