Chipotle & Turmeric Hollandaise for Eggs Benedict
This one is for all of the egg fans out there! We are huge fans of breakfast and love incorporating superfood powders into our morning recipes. We put a healthy spin on the traditional hollandaise sauce with a kick of turmeric powder. Guaranteed to please your friends and family!
Total Recipe Time
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 tsp MRM Organic Ground Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp chipotle pepper
- ½ cup organic ghee (melted and slightly warm in temperature)
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ lime (juiced)
- pinch of chopped cilantro
- poached eggs
- toasted muffins
- turkey bacon
- Sea salt
- Put 3 egg yolks in a medium pyrex (or metal) bowl and place over a pot of hot water, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water line.
- Add the vinegar, lime juice, turmeric, chipotle pepper and a pinch of sea salt. Being whisking and continue to whisk for 2-3 minutes until the egg yolk is pale in color and doubled in volume.
- While whisking, gradually add the melted ghee slowly until fully incorporated. (do not add too quickly and do not allow mix to get above warm as either or will make the sauce split)
- Add chopped cilantro and adjust seasoning as preferred.
- Serve with toasted muffins, turkey bacon, and avocado. Enjoy!