Butternut-beet soup and salad is the easy lunch recipe that’ll keep you warm and full throughout the entire fall season! Loaded with essential nutrients like Vitamin C and heart-healthy compounds, this superfood infused meal is perfect for the whole family. The recipe makes enough for four servings- perfect for meal prep!
Total Recipe Time
- 1 Large Butternut Squash, peeled, deseeded, and roughly chopped into 2″ cubes
- 1 Small White Onion, diced
- 1 Small Leek, chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 Quarts Vegetable Broth
- 2 Tbsp MRM Organic Red Beet Powder
- Leftover Roasted Squash
- Mixed Greens
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp MRM Organic Red Beet Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Toss the butternut squash with olive oil, salt and pepper, and place on the lined tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- While the squash is roasting, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a medium-sized pot over medium-low heat. Add the onion, garlic, leek, and carrot to the pot and slowly cook down for 5-6 minutes stirring continuously and being sure not to brown the ingredients.
- Add the vegetable broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat until you have a slow simmer. Simmer until the squash is finished roasting.
- Remove squash from the oven and place 2/3rds of it into the soup pot. Put the remaining 1/3 of the squash to the side and allow to cool as you will use this for the salad.
- Carefully transfer the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. You may have to do this in a few separate batches, which is totally fine.
- Once all of the soup is blended, stir in the red beet powder.
- Pour into bowls and set aside to be served with salad.
- Mix balsamic vinegar and olive oil together in a bowl with the Dijon mustard and a pinch of salt.
- Combine greens, roasted squash, pumpkin seeds, shallots, and walnuts together in a bowl.
- Mix the salad with the dressing or serve with the dressing on the side.
- Sprinkle Red Beet powder over the top of the salad and serve with the soup.